May is Masturbation Month! Free Ebook Giveaway!
Yeah! Guess what time of year it is again? Why it’s May, Masturbation Month! Not that we can’t and don’t celebrate masturbation and do it all year long, but now is the time to remember why this started in the first place. But before I get into the history of Masturbation Month, I am giving away a FREE ebook on Masturbation for Women called : “Jill’n Off- A Girl’s Guide to Solo Sex”. So just click on the link above to sign up to get yours!
Now a Bit of History
Back in 1995, Good Vibrations named May as Masturbation Month, in protest about then-Surgeon General Dr. Joycelyn Elders being fired for saying that masturbation should be discussed as part of young peoples’ sex education. This outraged many people including Good Vibes so they designated May as Masturbation Month to raise awareness. Unfortunately, then (as there still is now), there was a lot of shame and guilt about masturbation, and it was seen as a “dirty thing” and there were many horrible masturbation myths (except from my book above) that people really believed, in an effort to stop people from masturbating!
Nowadays, most of us know that masturbation IS natural and healthy. However, the stigma still remains for many people, so that is why each May we celebrate Masturbation Month and bring awareness to it once again.
Top 10 Reasons why You Should Masturbate
1. Masturbation is safe sex. No need for condoms, or worries about STDs. Carefree pleasure at your fingertips!
2. Masturbation is great for the mind, not just the body. It relieves stress, is a natural sleep sedative and releases feel good mood boosting endorphins to help fight off depression.
3. Did you know that masturbation helps boost your confidence? Sexologists agree that self-love is empowering while promoting vitality and self-esteem.
4. Because masturbation helps boost your confidence, it is empowering and can help to make you a better lover.
5. Physiologically, masturbation is great for the body. It improves the immune system’s function, which reportedly reduces the signs of aging, symptoms of menopause, obesity, and may help reduce the risk of osteoporosis in older women by increasing bone mass.
6. Additional benefits of masturbation for women may include building resistance to yeast infections, relieving menstrual cramps, migraine headaches and chronic back pain.
7. For men, studies have reported that regular masturbation may lower a man’s risk of prostate cancer. In addition, men who masturbate may lower their chances of heart attacks and strokes by as much as 50 % if they do the deed at least 3 times a week.
8. Masturbation helps build a stronger pelvic floor (your PC muscle) which leads to better pleasure, control and orgasms in both men and women.
9. Masturbation improves partner sex, by teaching us how to pleasure ourselves. We can pass this information on to our lovers so we both benefit from a more fulfilling sex life. Partners can also use mutual masturbation as a way to learn from each other what techniques turn us on.
10. Masturbation is feels great! ‘Nuff said.
Want to learn more?
Get your FREE ebook on Masturbation for Women called : “Jill’n Off- A Girl’s Guide to Solo Sex” NOW!