10 Reasons Why You Should Masturbate- Because It’s Good For Your Health!
Did you know that masturbation is actually good for you? According to a 2010 research report: the National Survey of Sexual Health and Behavior (NSSHB); “90% of men and 74% of women report solo masturbation,” and many sexologists agree that masturbation has many health benefits for both men and women. So, what are you waiting for? As Woody Allen so eloquently stated: “Don’t knock masturbation – its sex with someone I love”.
1. Masturbation is the safest sex there is as you don’t have to worry about wearing a condom, getting an STD or getting pregnant.
2. Masturbation is a great stress reliever, a natural sleep sedative and releases feel good mood boosting endorphins to help fight off depression.
3. For men, masturbation is good for your prostate gland. In fact, studies have reported that regular masturbation may lower a man’s risk of prostate cancer, and those who jerked off more than 5 times a week are 1/3 less likely to get prostate cancer. Not only that, but men who masturbate at least 3 times a week (and orgasm) can lower their chances of heart attacks and strokes by as much as 50 %!
4. For women, “paddling the pink canoe” can build resistance to yeast infections, relieve menstrual cramps, tension, migraine headaches and chronic back pain by releasing the amino acid oxytocin, the hormone of “love”.
5. For both sexes, masturbation helps build a stronger pelvic floor (your PC muscle) which leads to better pleasure, control and orgasms.
6. If you don’t have a partner (or even if you do), loving yourself via solo sex has healthy emotional and psychological benefits. Many sexologists agree that masturbation is natural, and to censor or repress it can be harmful, resulting in destructive obsessions, low self-esteem, and can even lead to intimacy problems.
7. For couples, masturbation can improve your sexual relationships. Although masturbation may seem contrary to partner sex, women who masturbation can learn about their sexual response and how to pleasure themselves and communicate that to their partner, so both partners benefit from a more fulfilling sex life.
8. Masturbation also helps boost your confidence, is empowering and can help to make you a better lover.
9. Masturbation improves the immune system’s function, by increasing testosterone into the body to help the flow of the hormone DHEA, which reportedly helps reduce the signs of aging, reduces symptoms of menopause, reduces obesity, and may help reduce the risk of osteoporosis in older women by increasing bone mass.
10. Finally, masturbation IS natural. Even animals do it: chimpanzees, monkeys, dogs, cats, whales and rats. Sexologists recognize that masturbation is a normal, natural act that promotes vitality and health.